Status: Full time, exempt
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm, plus additional hours as needed for exhibition openings, events, etc.
Supervises: Manager of Digital Media and part-time Assistant to Marketing and Public Relations, in addition to interns and volunteers as needed
- Develop/implement strategic and dynamic marketing plans for all exhibitions/programs/events
- Write clear briefs to design marketing materials for print/digital advertising & promotions
- Oversee planning/implementation of social media campaigns and other AV projects, together with Manager of Digital Media and in accordance with overall marketing plan
- Conduct marketing research and compile comprehensive related analytics
- Provide strong leadership in conveying Museum’s identity/mission to its diverse constituency and the general public with a focus on audience growth
- Foster existing relationships with media contacts at the local, regional, national and international levels
- Write press releases, organize press conferences, produce media kits
- Track/maintain all media content placements/contacts
- Serve as the public face of the Museum at Museum-related events, both in-house and throughout the community
- Support integration/use of new CRM system
- Develop/oversee use of institutional style guide for new visual identity in conjunction with lead designer
- Work with Membership Department to revamp Membership program for the future
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors for effective marketing campaigns and long-standing partnerships
- Work closely with colleagues and volunteer leadership to develop and convey the Museum’s identity/mission.
- Proven marketing/communications experience in a museum or cultural institution
- 10+ years of related professional experience
- Strong interest in the visual arts and museums
- Experience with developing a broad-based marketing effort that is directed at the general public to convey institutional change and future direction
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels/techniques and a strong understanding of the online world
- Familiarity with latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and interested in what motivates people
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Past experience creating compelling collateral materials to expand awareness of an institution’s value to the community and the continuing need for financial support to sustain an institution’s future
- Flexibility, vision and drive to move large-scale projects forward
- Results-oriented ROI driven professional
Resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.