Bruce Museum is seeking a FT friendly, polished Visitor Services Associate to deliver exceptional, frontline customer service. Part of the Audience Engagement team, this vital position provides visitors with an outstanding Museum experience. With a positive attitude, the Associate is able to work independently, and multi-task effectively in a busy cultural environment. Strong professional communication and customer service skills are critical characteristics. Potential for advancement to the right individual.
Responsibilities: greet individual and group visitors; assist with way-finding, ticketing; maintain an accurate cash drawer; provide exhibition, program, and membership information in person and over the phone; assist with general administrative tasks; organize, stock informational materials; screen and transfer phone calls; attend occasional training sessions; work closely with colleagues to maintain a safe and comfortable museum environment.
Qualifications: excellent communication, conversation skills; ability to listen to visitors’ needs, interests and respond in an engaging and friendly manner; maintain a positive and professional attitude; display an ability to implement Audience Engagement procedures quickly; prior frontline sales and/or cultural institution experience a plus; able to work in a social environment yet still pay attention to detail, accuracy, and individual needs; reliable and available to work weekends, holidays, and some evenings; demonstrated Microsoft Office application literacy; experience with POS and/or database-driven software (such as Altru) preferred; interest in science and art required; conversational French, Spanish, or Japanese a plus.
Benefits include generous paid time off; health, dental plans; New England Museum Association membership and reciprocal benefits at many other museums.
Apply to: email@example.com
Bruce Museum seeks a FT staff member to support the administrative functions of the Development Department, reporting to the Development Manager.
Responsibilities: Enter all donations into database and acknowledge in a timely manner; write donor correspondence; maintain filing system; organize mailings; produce weekly reports; assist all department staff; work events, benefits, openings; assist with Annual Report; organize Development Committee meetings and prepare minutes; occasional front desk assistance. Work weekends and evenings as needed.
Requirements: high level of computer skills for data entry, mail merge, list management and invitation design. Software: Altru and/or Raiser’s Edge experience preferred, Windows, Excel. Excellent attention to detail; organized, with ability to prioritize many tasks. Written and verbal skills. BA required.
To apply: resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax (203) 869-0963; mail: Development Ad; Bruce Museum, 1 Museum Drive, Greenwich CT 06830. No phone calls, please.
Status: Part time, Per diem
Hours: Varies (On average 1-2 days each week)
The Instructor’s primary responsibility is teaching the Bruce Museum’s outreach programs. This includes:
• Researching background information to build an understanding of program content and materials.
• Preparing for each class, including the assembly and return of materials in a careful and timely fashion.
• Loading, unloading and driving Brucemobile vehicles with collection objects and program materials.
Instructors may also periodically teach museum-based programs and assist staff with special programs, such as large-scale family events.
The Audience Engagement Department of the Museum has a responsibility to present quality programs by qualified museum professionals. Therefore, the Audience Engagement Department trains all Brucemobile Instructors. To accomplish this, the Audience Engagement Department will:
• Provide program objectives and outlines for established classes.
• Model program presentation and instruction.
• Assist in development of instructor’s classroom management skills.
• Lead training sessions on program procedures for all Instructors.
• Observe and evaluate instructors on a regular basis. Provide feedback in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree in art, science, history, education, museum studies, or related field required.
• Previous teaching experience required.
• Unattended mobility required in object handling, ability to drive the museum vehicles and visit facilities unequipped to accommodate the physically challenged.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Current driver’s license with clean driving record. Background check will be required after hire.
Reimbursement: Brucemobile Instructors are per diem employees and are reimbursed for outreach programs on a per-class basis. Instructors are paid an hourly wage for teaching museum-based programs, assisting with special events, and attending training sessions and planning meetings. The Museum owns two vehicles, called Brucemobiles, to be used for travel to and from programs.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.