The full-time Director of Marketing and Public Relations is charged with developing a comprehensive plan to market the Museum, the goal of which is to increase the geographic target area and visibility of the Museum and promote the understanding of its mission. The plan and the Director’s responsibilities will encompass the Museum’s exhibitions and programs, special events, and fundraisers.
- with the Director of Institutional Advancement and Development, Executive Director, the Board of Trustees and the Marketing/Membership Committee, the Director will optimize marketing programs to present the Bruce Museum and its activities in the most positive light
- oversee and coordinate the Museum’s media relations, advertising, promotion and internet marketing strategy, including buzz and social networking
- expand the media footprint, regionally, nationally and internationally, with an immediate focus on the New York metropolitan area.
- write, edit and clear all news releases, oversee the web-blasts and supervise the redesigning and editing of the Museum’s printed newsletter
- maintain contact with leading critics, journalists and on-line bloggers, as well as with the traditional media
- arrange and oversee media previews for exhibitions, and promote and advertise the Museum’s special events, programs and fundraisers
- supervise a part-time Assistant to Marketing and Public Relations, part-time Manager of Internet Services, as well as interns and volunteers assigned to the department.
- self-motivated, creative visionary, capable of independent decision-making, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- thorough knowledge of marketing disciplines, especially the most current internet strategies, including the social networks, Vocus, and other well-known and emerging platforms and applications
- a minimum of five years, broad-based marketing experience
- impeccable integrity and outstanding organizational skills with a positive and outgoing personality, able to represent the Museum in the Director’s absence and to work with many different special interest groups, committees and volunteers
- possess tact, a positive attitude, and be a team player who can multitask and meet deadlines.
Resume and cover letter to: email@example.com; fax (203) 869-0963; mail: Marketing Job, Bruce Museum, 1 Museum Drive, Greenwich, CT 06830. No phone calls, please.
See INTERNSHIPS for additional employment opportunities, both paid and unpaid.