Status: Full time, exempt
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, plus additional hours as needed for exhibition openings, events, etc.
Supervises: New Media Developer and part-time Assistant to Marketing and Public Relations, in addition to interns and volunteers as needed
Reports to: Director of Development and Institutional Advancement
• Develop/implement strategic and dynamic marketing plans for all exhibitions/programs/events
• Write clear briefs to design marketing materials for print/digital advertising and promotions
• With the New Media Developer, oversee integration of social media marketing into overall marketing plan
• Conduct marketing research and compile comprehensive related analytics
• Provide strong leadership in conveying Museum’s identity/mission to its diverse constituency and the general public with a focus on
• Foster existing relationships with media contacts at the local, regional, national, and international levels
• Write press releases, organize press conferences and produce media kits
• Track/maintain all media content placements/contacts
• Serve as public face of the Museum at museum-related events, both in-house and throughout the community
• Work with Director of Exhibitions to develop/oversee use of institutional style guide for new visual identity
• Work with Membership Department to revamp Membership program for the future
• Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors for effective marketing campaigns and long-standing partnerships
• Coordinate with capital campaign team to develop and implement a marketing plan for Museum’s expansion project
• Proven marketing/communications experience in a museum or cultural institution
• 10+ years of related professional experience
• Strong interest in the visual arts and museums
• Experience developing a broad-based marketing effort that is directed at the general public to convey institutional
change and future direction
• Deep understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels/techniques and the online world
• Familiarity with latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to think creatively and interested in what motivates people
• Budget-management skills and proficiency
• Past experience creating compelling collateral materials to expand awareness of an institution’s value to the community and
the continuing need for financial support
to sustain an institution’s future
• Flexibility, vision and drive to move large scale projects forward
• Results-oriented ROI-driven professional
Apply with resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Status: Full time
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, plus additional hours as needed for events
Support the administrative functions of the Development Department, reporting to the Development Manager. Enter all donations into database & acknowledge same in a timely manner; prepare letters; maintain filing system; organize mailings; produce weekly reports; assist all department staff; work events, benefits, openings; assist with Annual Report; organize Development Committee meetings and prepare meeting minutes; staff Museum admissions desk as needed. Work weekends and evenings as needed.
High level of computer skills for data entry, mail merge, list management and invitation design. Software: Altru, Raiser’s Edge experience preferred; Windows, Excel, Social Tables. Excellent attention to detail; organized, with ability to prioritize many tasks. Written and verbal skills. BA required.
Apply with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax (203) 869-0963; mail: Development Ad; Bruce Museum, 1 Museum Drive, Greenwich CT 06830. No phone calls, please.