Exciting news from the Bruce Museum!
Bringing your class on a field trip to the Bruce Museum just got easier.
Unlock an exciting world of inspiration and exploration.
Apply for a bus scholarship today.
Bringing your class on a field trip can be tough. There are permission slips, bag lunches, weather issues and of course paying for the bus. While nothing can be done about weather or permission slips, the Bruce Museum is pleased to be making the bus situation better. This year we are able to offer schools bus scholarships thanks to a generous gift from GIVE: The Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation. Schools that receive a bus scholarship will have their transportation costs covered by the Bruce Museum, as well as having their onsite program fees waived.
- To qualify for a scholarship, schools must be eligible for Title 1 Assistance
- Schools or educational organizations must also have 25% or more students receiving free or reduced lunch to qualify for bus scholarships
- Bus scholarships are for on-site programs during Museum hours
- Schools that are awarded a bus scholarship will also have their on-site program fees waived
- Applicants who are chosen are strongly encouraged to write a thank you letter to GIVE: Steven and Alexandra Cohen Foundation
- To receive an application, please contact Corinne Flax, Manager of School & Community Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trips should be planned as far in advance as possible as scholarships will be awarded to qualifying schools on a first come, first serve basis.
- Schools are encouraged to reach out to Corinne Flax, email@example.com, for assistance when selecting a program and during the application process.
- Don’t forget to visit the museum-based programs page of the Bruce Museum website to learn more about the many exciting programs that the Bruce Museum has to offer.