How to Schedule In Classroom Programs
How to Schedule In Classroom Programs:
In-Classroom programs are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, for school and educational organizations. Programs on Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM are subject to staff availability. Class size is limited to 15 students.
The Bruce Museum is committed to the safety of all students and will work within the safety guidelines of your school or organization. All educators and students are required to wear masks during programs.
Contact Megan Brown at email@example.com for more information or to schedule a program.
In your email, please include:
- Your name / Organization name
- Organization address
- Organization phone number and your cell phone number
- Program Titles / Grade level of students
- Class size & number of classes
- Special needs, if any
- Preferred dates and times
- Two alternate dates and times
In order to get the dates of your choice, we suggest you schedule as far in advance as possible. We do not accept program reservations for less than 4 weeks in advance.
Fees for In-Classroom Programs
A confirmation/invoice will be e-mailed six weeks prior to the program. Pre-payment is preferred. Payment is by check, (payable to Bruce Museum, Inc.), cash, or credit card.
An additional travel fee is charged to schools more than 10 miles away from the Museum. The fee is calculated according to distance, a maximum radius of 25 miles ($25.00).
- Single program (Grades K and up): $140
- Block booking (2 or more of the same program on the same day, grades K and up): $110 per program
- Pre-school single program: $100
- Block Booking (2 or more of the same program on the same day, pre-school) : $70 per program
- After-School and Extracurricular In Classroom Programs: $140 per program
Thanks to the generosity of our corporate members and sponsors, scholarships are available under special circumstances. Please visit Scholarships for further information.
There is a $15 per program charge if cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance of the scheduled program, with exceptions made under special circumstances.
Programs for Pre-K classes are 30 minutes. Programs for students in grades K and up are 1 hour.
Supervision: REQUIRED for all programs
In Classroom: A representative from the school or organization must remain with the group throughout all programs.
Nametags: Help to personalize programs and enhance student behavior.
Special requests or curriculum needs
All of the programs are flexible and can be adapted to audiences with special needs or to your classroom’s curriculum objectives. Please discuss with the Museum Education staff in advance.