How to Schedule In Classroom Programs
How to Schedule In Classroom Programs:
In-Classroom programs are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, for school and educational organizations. Programs on Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM are subject to staff availability. Class size is limited to 25 students.
The Bruce Museum is committed to the safety of all students and will work within the safety guidelines of your school or organization. All educators and students are required to wear masks during programs.
Contact Kathleen Holko at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a program.
In your email, please include:
- Your name / Organization name
- Organization address
- Organization phone number and your cell phone number
- Program Titles / Grade level of students
- Class size & number of classes
- Special needs, if any
- Preferred dates and times
- Two alternate dates and times
In order to get the dates of your choice, we suggest you schedule as far in advance as possible. We do not accept program reservations for less than 4 weeks in advance.
Fees for In-Classroom Programs
A confirmation and invoice will be e-mailed prior to the program. Pre-payment is preferred. Payment is by check, (payable to Bruce Museum, Inc.), cash, or credit card.
- Single program (Grades K and up): $175
- Block booking (2 or more of the same program on the same day, grades K and up): $150 per program
- Pre-school single program: $125
- Block Booking (2 or more of the same program on the same day, pre-school) : $100 per program
- An additional $25 travel fee is charged to schools more than 25 miles away from the Museum.
- Customized programs will incur an additional $50 fee.
Thanks to the generosity of our corporate members and sponsors, scholarships are available under special circumstances. Please visit Scholarships for further information.
Programs for Pre-K classes are 45 minutes. Programs for students in grades K and up are 1 hour.
If cancelling a program and rescheduling for a future date, all fees already paid will be applied to the future program. If cancelling a program and not rescheduling for a future date, then 50% of the fees will be due. Exceptions will only be made when the Museum is closed due to inclement weather, etc.
Supervision: REQUIRED for all programs
In Classroom: A representative from the school or organization must remain with the group throughout all programs.
Nametags: Help to personalize programs and enhance student behavior.
Special requests or curriculum needs
All of the programs are flexible and can be adapted to audiences with special needs or to your classroom’s curriculum objectives. Please discuss with the Museum Education staff in advance.